Monday, September 27, 2010

Yummy Buffet. Really!: India House- Sandy

It is surprising how many good Indian restaurants there are in the salt lake valley. India House stands out for its consistency and really yummy lunch buffet. I like spicy food and Indian is no exception, but for the price of $8.99 I will forgo my “no seriously on the ten scale make it a spicy 10 really I can handle it” korma for a variety of medium to mild super fresh India House lunch buffet dishes. We went here for my dad’s birthday, and as usual I was impressed with the selection and obvious freshness. They had saag paneer, chicken korma, spiced chickpeas, tandori chicken, chicken tikka masala and curry chicken plus salad, several kinds of naan, rice, and for dessert soaked rice flour balls and cardamom rice pudding. Everyone loves Indian house buffet lunch and this runs in your favor- with all the people the dishes are rotated frequently so you don’t end up with the heat lamp incubated buffet food I’ve caught food poisoning from so many times. From past experience I know they have yummy mango lassi and lots of non buffet fair. When I have more than $8.99 to spend (rarely) I would splurge for dinner or takeout here. My personal favs are saag paneer, vegetable korma and chicken tikka masala or butter chicken. The only thing I like more than Indian is Sushi so thank god for their cheap lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment