Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Good Coffee FINALLY!: Coffee Shop- Millcreek


This place is just darling. It’s cozy inside with a couch and a few tables plus a small patio. Free Wifi <3

I asked for the barista’s suggestions and after asking me a few impressive style nailing questions he suggested the Iced Espresso- Coffee, espresso shots and lots of ice. Perfecto. What a mind reader---someone needs to give that guy a raise.

I’m chilling here between interviews so I *tried* to grab a muffin to munch on. As usual grabbing = the muffin flies across the room and knocks over their chalk board of daily brews. Hahaha. Klutzes should have to announce themselves like lepers. “Hello, before I approach you please be warned proximity to me could induce bodily harm or destruction of property. It’s so nice to meet you!” When I put the muffin next to my coffee the dude said “you don’t have to buy that just cuz you…” hahahha I filled in “threw it on the floor?” The muffin was kinda oily, but the blueberries in it seemed fresh and juicy. The server told me they grow some veggies on the patio, and when the zucchini is ripe they make zucchini muffins. He said they bake all their muffins fresh every morning. Yum! They also serve Richie’s bagels so there are lots of delicious local food choices.

The music here is awesome. Eclectic coffee shop music, nothing close to top 20 here. They have some pretty neat handmade/glazed mugs for sale by the counter and some really interesting art guitar wall hangings too . There is a bookshelf with books, magazines, games and even toys for kids. There are also doggie treats and it looked like the patio was doggie friendly. I overheard the barista say they are under new owners and that they’ve spruced the place up, so maybe if you’ve been here before give it another shot. This is the best coffee I’ve had in Utah since moving back! They don’t roast their own but source from a local roaster downtown.

I couldn't find much information online for them so this is to the best of my knowledge. Hours posted when I was there:

7am-8pm

2005 E 3300 S


No comments:

Post a Comment