Thursday, September 23, 2010

The Surprising Sandwich Stop: Wild Bean Roasting Company-Sandy



Maybe it’s because I’m so picky, or maybe it’s because I hate knowing I could make it better myself :P but I love build your own food, ESPECIALLY sandwiches. A bad sandwich isn’t even worth eating but there’s no risk of misordering at Wild Bean Roasting Company. Choose your bread, meat, cheese, veggies and condiments- it’s the perfect recipe.

My inspired sandwich was marble rye, cheddar, all the veggies, turkey, and mustard. The produce was fresh and ripe. The bread was soft and flavorful. They loaded it with just enough turkey to make a nice fat sandwich. There isn’t anything extra special about the choices they offer, the key is the freshness of all the ingredients.

Wild Bean is a coffee roasting company. I was really excited when they opened in Aug, but I haven’t been very satisfied with the espresso drinks they offer. On the upside even though the drinks are weak, you do get all the complex flavors and aromas only lingering in freshly roasted beans. I think with my next sandwich I’ll order a regular coffee.

If you remember back in the day this place was called Solid Grounds. They closed a few years ago but it looks like Wild Bean inherited all of their furnishings. The shop is nice and big with decent sized tables and a big stage for live music. The designs are funky and fun and with all the tables you can really spread out and bring a few friends. Come for live music, movies, open mike, comedy night or whatever they think up next! They have free wifi but I only found 2 outlets L. This location has really rotated the business through the years, it’s not in the most visible spot. If you like the sandwiches and the vibe support your local business. Lets keep it around as a rare alternative to subway and starbucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment