Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Unwanted Crunching!!!-always read the fine print at: Cocolitos Mexican Restaurant- Orem

This burrito was a tragic twist of tex-mex travesty! I never knew a burrito could go sooo wrong. I went to Orem to see Christian’s football game at Timpview high and found myself with Dad and Pam at Cocolitos Mexican Restaurant. I was looking for something a little healthier, at least not fried, and decided on the veggie burrito. Oh veggie burrito faithful Mexican fat food rescuer what did they do to you??? Now this is where it gets dicey (as in partially my fault). In my fairly extensive Mexican food experience burritos are pretty much the same anywhere you go with a few minor rotating ingredients which I like all of so when I saw Veggie Burrito on the menu I read no further. Eureka! Veggie Burrito is for me. Hahahah what a terrible mistake I made.

The plate actually looks pretty good. I have beans and rice and my burrito with red sauce, sour cream and olives on top. A couple of bites in I’m thinking mushrooms..ok that’s sort of weird but whatever. Now something is starting to seem off. Why are there no beans in my burrito? :( And then came the bite with the CRUNCH. Have you ever taken a bite of food that you were expecting to be something else? It took a couple of seconds in shock to realize that I was eating a huge piece of chopped celery. The more I ate the more I realized the filling of this burrito seemed like one of those bags of “stew” vegetables you can buy frozen at the grocery store. Now I know a veggie burrito isn’t always the veggie burrito you are expecting. Read the fine print! My rice and beans were nothing to write home about either but Dad’s and Pam’s food looked yummy so I’ll ask for their suggestion next time.

Did you notice that Orem is a four letter word? You know you’re in Orem when you order a margarita, get brought a strawberry daiquiri and are asked “oh you mean the green one?” Then they tell you they don’t serve alcohol. Welcome to Utah County!

No comments:

Post a Comment