Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Smoked Sirloin Sandwich!!!: Tin Roof Grill- Sandy

It’s tough to find local independent restaurants out here in strip mall land. Around every corner is a wide array of cookie cutter favorites like TGIF, Chili's, Olive Garden not to mention more fast food than I’ve seen anywhere else… Luckily there is a delicious gem of a place called Tin Roof Grill smack dab in the middle of sandy suburbia.

I made my first visit with my dad a few weeks ago and it sure didn’t disappoint. The menu was mouthwatering: tapas, pizza, pasta, and sandwiches. I ordered the special for the day: Smoked sirloin sandwich. It came with a horseradish sauce for the sandwich and patatas bravas (fries) with garlic aioli. Yum. They cooked the sirloin to order – medium rare please!- and it was so flavorful and tender. The sandwich veggies were fresh and crisp and the horseradish added the perfect kick. My dad ordered pad thai that he really liked. He said it even had a spicy bite to it.

The cherry on top is that Tin Roof Grill carries EPIC BEERS!!! They were out of Copper Cone Pale Ale but who isn’t?? We shared a Spiral Jetty IPA from their classic series. It was just hoppy enough to balance with the aggressive flavors in my lunch. My palate was really killed so I can’t give the beer a proper review, lets just say like all Epic Beers it was delicious. At $8.50 for 22oz be sure to share this with a friend! Remember they can’t serve “heavy alcohol” until after 12 noon. That means no $2.99 mimosas with brunch unless you sleep in so sleep in!

Put this place on your must eats! Check out their facebook page for their daily specials. Finally the downtowners can be the ones to make the drive for some delicious grub. Take that SLC.

No comments:

Post a Comment