Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Time for Tea!: Tea Grotto- Sugarhouse

I LOVE TEA. Tea is like insta-meditation. Soothing calm liquid goodness. The Tea Grotto is a fun place to drink your favorite pot. They have SOOO many different flavors and their staff is impressively knowledgeable.

My favorite tea is pu’er, and they had a new flavor to try “fruity pu’er”. It has pu’er, violets, and some mystery dried fruit. It was delicious. They brought it out in a tea pot, and I got a free second steeping that was just as good as the first! They have some yummy food options, grilled sandwiches and homemade baked goods. Ordering the Hummus Plate turned out to be a good decision this time! It came with garlic hummus, tomato hummus, warm pita, garlic stuffed olives, cucumber, and carrots. Loot at that plating! Beautiful. Everything tasted as fresh as it looks. I was really full eating most of it for lunch. It would be perfect for 2 to share.



They have lots of different seating areas from high tables to couches to a real Japanese you-better-take-off-your-shoes-booth. They have free wifi too! You can buy tea here to take home if you find a favorite! Beware when ordering your tea, they have some very rare and VERY expensive options. They also have an Indian Boutique that shares some of the space. When I was there it wasn’t ‘open’ but there were many beautiful Indian style blouses displayed on mannequins. They are in a fun part of town. I always find myself in the neighborhood more often than I’m planning. This is going to be my new favorite reading spot for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment